Submissions are currently closed
General Submission Arrangements and Terms and Conditions of Entry
Handing in day: .
Collection day: .
Free entry to the public:
Entries: Up to 3 paintings/sculptures, 3 browsers and 5 portfolio sketches per member submitting
All artworks to be for sale
Close of Entries:
Large pictures over 3ft diagonally: £9
Medium size between 2ft and 3ft diagonally: £6
Small size below 2ft diagonally: £3
All browsers/Portfolio Sketches: £1
Sketches in portfolio: Each sleeve £1 (the sleeve becomes your property if unsold)
(Acceptance of installations will be assessed on an individual basis- please speak to the Exhibition Organiser).
Commission: 20% on all sales for those volunteering to steward. 40% on all sales for those not volunteering for stewarding.
The commission charge and submission fees help to cover the costs of the exhibition and support the charitable work of the FAS.
Other Terms and Conditions.:
- Watercolour, pastels, drawings and etchings to be glazed and framed.
- Oils and acrylics to be dry and in, or on, a frame: e.g. box section canvas.
- Box section canvases to be finished with a neat painted edge.
- Label on back or string label, stating artist name, picture title and price.
- Mirror plates to be fixed
- No clip frames, photographs or prints (except Giclee prints as browsers) will be accepted.
- Browsers should be submitted in a mount or on hard backing and in a clear plastic sleeve.
- The minimum sale price for a painting £60.
- The minimum sale price for a browser is £25.
- It is the artist’s responsibility to respect copyright laws.
- Please note that limitations on space may mean larger works are not hung.
- The committee reserves the right to reject or include, at its sole discretion, any work and/or to apply selection criteria if over subscribed.
- FAS has Public Liability insurance only. We cannot accept any liability for loss, theft or damage of/to artworks. All submissions are at the artists own risk.
- The committee reserves the right to vary or alter these terms and conditions in the light of practical requirements and/or the requirements of the venue.
Those exhibiting must be current paid-up Members of the FAS.
A link to the submission form will be placed here when there is a current exhibition for which entries are being accepted.
(Note: If you are using a tablet or mobile device to complete the form, please use it in 'portrait' mode as the form may not display fully if you use it in landscape. If you are filling out multiple submission forms you must close and re-open your browser after completing each form. If you have found a problem seeing all the fields in the past, you may find it helpful to clear your browser cache before completing the form.)