Spring Exhibition May 2017
Arrangements and Terms and Conditions of Entry
Venue: The Grand, the Leas, Folkestone Handing in day: Thursday 11th May 2017 entries between 10am-1pm Private Preview evening: Friday 12th of May 6.30pm Collection day: Sunday 21st of May 4 pm – 6 pm Free entry to the public: Saturday 13th of May to Sunday 21st of May 2017 10a.m. to 5p.m. daily.
Entries: Up to 3 pictures / sculptures Up to 3 browsers (giclée prints clearly labelled as such are acceptable as browsers). Up to 5 portfolio sketches
Hanging Fees: Large pictures over 3ft diagonally: £9 Medium size between 2ft and 3ft diagonally: £6 Small size below 2ft diagonally: £3 All browsers/Portfolio Sketches: £1 Sculptures: £5 Sketches in portfolio: Each sleeve £1 (the sleeve becomes your property if unsold.)
- Watercolours, pastels, drawings and etchings to be glazed and framed
- Oils and acrylics to be dry and in, or on, a frame: e.g. box section canvas.
- Box section canvases to be finished with a neat painted edge.
- Label on back, stating name, picture title and price,
- Mirror plates to be fixed.
- A string label, attached to hang over the front with name, picture title and price.
- Sculptures need a plinth. Please state if you need to borrow one.
- The committee reserves the right to reject, at its sole discretion, any work.
- No clip frames, computer art, photographs or prints (except giclée prints clearly labelled as such as browsers) will be accepted.
- Installations are welcome subject to space and health and safety requirements - please speak to the Exhibition Organiser before completing the submission form.
- Browsers should be submitted in a mount or on hard backing and in a clear plastic sleeve.
- It is the artist’s responsibility to respect copyright laws.
- FAS has Public Liability insurance only. We cannot accept any liability for loss, theft or damage and all entries are at the artists own risk.
- All entries must be for sale within minimum prices of £60 for paintings and £25 for browsers.
- Work must not have been previously submitted to a Society exhibition at the Grand in the last two years.
- Please note that limitations on space may mean larger works are not hung.
Commission: 20% on all sales for those volunteering to steward. 40% for those not volunteering to steward. The commission charge and submission fees help the FAS to cover the costs of the venue. Any surplus will be used to help fund the Society’s charitable objectives.
Entries forms to be submitted by 5.30 pm, Mon 1st of May 2017
Members wishing to make late entries should contact the membership secretary directly. Unless you have previously notified the Society you are making a late entry, acceptance of late entries cannot be guaranteed and will be subject to available space.
Please note, the submission form is now unavailable. Many thanks.
(Note: If you are using a tablet or mobile device to complete the form, please use it in 'portrait' mode as the form may not display fully if you use it in landscape. If you are filling out multiple submission forms you must close and re-open your browser after completing each form)